ANNUAL GOVERNANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT 2020-21
Each year the Parish Council is required by law to complete and publish an accounting statement and governance statement in a format set out by the local (external) auditor. The accounts are audited by an internal auditor and, provided certain conditions are met, the Parish council can apply for exemption to external audit. I declare that the conditions for exemption were met by Loversall Parish Council. The Certificate of Exemption along with the internal audit report, accounting and governance statements can be inspected by clicking on the links below.
Lindsay Wilson ( Clerk to the Council/ Responsible Financial Officer)
ANNUAL GOVERNANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT 2019-20
Each year the accounts of the Parish Council are audited by an independent internal auditor. The accounts are available for inspection according to the notice shown below:
LOVERSALL PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN (EXEMPT AUTHORITY)
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2020
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25, 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020(SI 2020/404)
1. Date of Announcement: 24th August 2020
2. Each year the smaller authority prepares an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR). The AGAR has been published with this notice. It will not be reviewed by the appointed auditor, since the smaller authority has certified itself as exempt from the appointed auditor’s review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the AGAR, the accounting records for the financial year to which it relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested.
For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice commencing on Friday 28th August 2020 and ending on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
By application to Lindsay Wilson, Clerk to the Council: By Email: email@example.com By Post: C/o WI Hut, Hut Yard, Bubup Hill, Loversall, Doncaster DN11 9DD.
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is only subject to review by the appointed auditor if questions or objections raised under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 lead to the involvement of the auditor. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Lindsay C Wilson Clerk to Loversall Parish Council
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return can be accessed by clicking on the link below. A link to a summary of electors rights is also provided